ContentSproute

Former Imran Khan Adviser Attacked At UK Home Days After Criticising Pakistan Army Chief thumbnail

Former Imran Khan Adviser Attacked At UK Home Days After Criticising Pakistan Army Chief

General

Last Updated:

Mirza Shahzad Akbar, ex-adviser to Imran Khan, said that the attacker filmed him in a compromised state before fleeing.

general Pakistan Army Chief Asim Munir

Pakistan Army Chief Asim Munir

A former adviser to jailed ex-Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan was attacked inside his home in the United Kingdom, days after publicly criticising Pakistan’s army chief Asim Munir, an assault his supporters allege was politically motivated.

Mirza Shahzad Akbar, a vocal critic of Asim Munir and a former close aide to Imran Khan, said masked attackers assaulted him after he opened the door to his home early in the morning. He was left with fractures to his nose and jaw and is currently hospitalised.

General Recommended Stories

    Mirza Shahzad Akbar told Geo News that he was woken by the doorbell around 8 am.

    “I opened the door and a white man started punching me for several minutes,” he said, adding, “I resisted and he left. My family woke up and came downstairs to see me. The attacker returned after a minute and assaulted me again. This time he made a film and took pictures too.”

    According to Mirza Shahzad Akbar, the attacker filmed him in a compromised state before fleeing.

    The attack came days after Mirza Shahzad Akbar delivered a viral speech in which he sharply criticised Pakistan’s defence establishment, without naming Asim Munir directly. In the speech, he accused the army chief of ruling Pakistan through “fear and terror” for the past three-and-a-half years but said those tactics had ultimately failed.

    “He attacked our homes, he kidnapped our loved ones, he kidnapped our leaders and their families. If he had been successful, we would not have been here in large numbers today,” Mirza Shahzad Akbar said. He added that “fear and terror have spread in that person who is still wearing a bulletproof.”

    Mirza Shahzad Akbar has also claimed that Islamabad recently attempted to seek his extradition from the UK, shortly before the assault.

    Mirza Shahzad Akbar fled Pakistan with his family after Imran Khan was removed from power in April 2022. In 2023, he alleged that he survived an acid attack outside his home, in which a chemical narrowly missed his eyes but caused injuries to his body.

    Location :

    Delhi, India, India

    First Published:

    December 25, 2025, 22:45 IST

    News world Former Imran Khan Adviser Attacked At UK Home Days After Criticising Pakistan Army Chief

    Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    Read More

    Read More

    Scroll to Top